Chef Doug Weinstein’s Grilled Cheese
2 slices of challah, sliced ¾ inch thick
Mustard Cheese Beefsteak tomato, sliced ¼ inch thick
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Spread one side of each slice of challah with butter.
- Spread the other side of one slice with Mayo and the other slice with your favorite mustard.
- Preheat a pan on medium heat, and spray with non-stick spray lightly.
- Place the slices, butter-side down, on the pan.
- Place half of the cheese on each side of the bread.
- Take your sliced beefsteak tomato and season it with salt and pepper. I like to add garlic powder.
- Place the tomato on top of one of the slices of bread. If you are fancy, put some fresh basil on the other slice.
- Cover and allow the bread to brown while the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Put the basil side on top of the tomato side and cook a little longer, then flip it and cook until the cheese is melted thoroughly.
- Let the sandwich rest for a couple of minutes, if you can wait.