Diamond Bakery Challah Bread Pudding
3/4 of a loaf Diamond Bakery Challah sliced 1 inch thick 1/2 cup butter plus 1/2 cup melted butter for brushing on bread
¼ cup lemon marmelade
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups cream
1 Vanilla bean split and scraped or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut bread into 1 inch thick slices and brush with melted butter spread and lemon marmelade cut diagonally in half, and set aside.
- Combine ½ cup butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often. Simmer until smooth and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a sprayed 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Tile in the triangles of bread, so the points are up, on top of the brown sugar mixture and press down slightly.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, cream, vanilla and salt, heat to 160 f.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, yolks and sugar.
- Slowly add steeped milk to the yolk mixture while whisking, Pour over bread.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap, place bread pudding on the center rack of oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Pudding is done when the top is golden brown and the pudding is firm. (check with toothpick)
- Let’s cool and enjoy!